Each year, more and more people are diagnosed with skin cancer. It is more important than ever, during the upcoming long and hot summer days, that you take care of yourself… including your skin! And even though summer is technically still two months away, there is no denying that even now as the weather is warming up and days are getting longer, we are outside in sun quite often.
Here are some helpful tips to consider while sitting outside watching a ballgame or working around the yard. Please be careful!
- If outside for an extended time, take shade periodically
- Wear sun-protective clothing that covers as much of your body as possible
- Put on a broad-brimmed hat that shades your face, neck and ears
- Wear wrap-around sunglasses
- Apply SPF 30+ broad-spectrum, water-resistant sunscreen every two hours