With all this cold weather, I can’t help but put this out there for all of you! Here’s a great winter recipe that will take less than an hour to make and will definitely keep you warm!
• 3 ½ cups potatoes, peeled and diced
• 1/3 cup diced celery
• 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
• ¾ cup diced cooked ham
• 3 ¼ cups water
• 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon ground pepper
• 5 tablespoons butter
• 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 2 cups milk
1. Combine potatoes, celery, onion, ham and water in a stockpot. Bring to a boil then cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender, about 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in chicken bouillon, salt and pepper.
2. In a separate saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Whisk in flour with a fork and cook, stirring constantly until thick, about 1 minute. Slowly stir in milk as to not allow lumps to form. Continue stirring over medium-low heat until thick, about 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Stir milk mixture into the stockpot and cook soup until heated through. Serve immediately.