Damaged and sagging gutters are not just unsightly. Neglecting your gutter repair needs can actually cause long-term damage to your roof, vinyl siding, and foundation. That is why it is so crucial to take care of your gutter issues when they start, rather than waiting until minor issues turn into big problems.
At Schneider Roofing and Remodeling, we are here to help, no matter how big or small your gutter repair issues. The fall and winter are particularly important when it comes to maintaining and repairing your storm gutters. Falling leaves do not seem heavy, but gutters can easily get clogged with leaves. Then, when it rains, those leaves become heavy and can begin pulling away from the house. Clogs can even cause heavy rains to back up onto the roof, causing pooling and leaking. The same goes for melting snow and ice during the winter. No matter what your concerns, we can help make sure that your gutters are in the best possible condition.
Determining Whether You Need Gutter Repair
Gutter problems can often be difficult to spot until they develop and worsen. Here are a couple simple signs to watch for:
- Are there shingles missing, or can you see that the edges of your roof shingles are curling up on the ends? This can be a sign that your gutters are flooding and water is flowing back onto the roof, causing damage.
- Are your gutters or downspouts pulling away from the walls they are attached to? If the attachments are failing, you should have a professional come out as soon as possible to perform and inspection and repair as this relatively minor gutter repair can easily turn into something much more serious if left unattended.
- Are you seeing excessive staining or mold on your home’s siding, around the gutters, or near the foundation? This can be a sign of inadequate drainage, and may be an early indicator of potentially serious foundation or roofing damage.
Gutter Repair vs. Replacement
Fortunately for St. Charles residents, Schneider Roofing and Remodeling is here for all of your gutter repair and installation needs. If you need complete gutter replacement or new installation, we offer standard and seamless aluminum gutters with a baked enamel finish in a variety of colors. Our standard package offers 5” gutters with 2” x 3” downspouts, or you can upgrade to 6” gutters with 3” x 4” downspouts, which are ideal for larger roofs. If you do not need complete gutter replacement, we can also provide you with a gutter repair estimate where we can patch your existing gutter system.
In additional to gutter repair and replacement we can also install gutter covers on your new or existing gutters. These covers are a good way to extend the life of your gutter system (not to mention your roof, siding, and foundation). This additional layer of protection will protect your gutters from damage and clogs all year round, and can be particularly valuable if your home is heavily tree-shaded or with regards to protecting your gutters from snow during harsh winters.
Learn More About Gutters & Gutter Repair
- Gutter Repair: What Every Homeowner Should Know
- Gutter Installation: 10 Reasons to Upgrade Your Gutters
- Gutter Guard Installation: Why You Should Protect Your Gutters
Learn More About Our Gutter Repair Services
As a local St. Charles roofing company, we are available to provide gutter repair consultations year-round. No need to wait until spring, and, in fact, we encourage you not to. Gutter repair can be a fairly minor expense when handled in a timely manner. However, the damage caused by failing gutters can become major fairly quickly.
To learn more about our roofing company and how we can help with any project on your home, call or contact us online today.