If you are looking for a company that has the best customer service backed by years of extensive knowledge and experience, then Schneider Roofing and Remodeling is the right company for you. (Click on the image below to view our video).
|Save thousands of dollars by pushing off a new roof and instead repair your old roof, allowing it to last years longer!|
It’s an all too common occurrence. You know there’s something wrong with your roof. Maybe you have discolored patches, algae or moss buildup, loose or missing shingles, exposed nail, or maybe even a loose gutter. You search online and call a roofer and schedule an appointment. The contractor says he’ll send someone by to take a look at it.
A few days pass by, and you don’t hear anything. Then, when getting the mail, you notice that you have a letter from the roofing company. Inside it, you find an estimate for a brand-new roof—plus, it has a note from the contractor asking you to call him. Great! You just wanted an evaluation!
You make the phone call only to find that the contractor insists that the only option for you is to replace your roof. It’s the only way to fix your problem…. Well, that’s not what you called for. But now, he’s thrown a quote in front of you for thousands of dollars worth of work. You were just hoping for a repair!
Many Roofing Contractors HATE Doing Repairs—NOT Schneider Roofing and Remodeling!
You may not realize this, but many roofing contractors absolutely hate doing repairs! They see it as a nuisance—in some situations, they’ll just try and sell you a new roof so they don’t have to deal with the “headaches” of repairing your roof! (Even more frightening, many roofs that are installed today don’t even meet manufacturer’s specifications. As a result, your warranty is voided before you even have your roof for a day… but that’s for another discussion!)
That’s not how we conduct business at Schneider Roofing and Remodeling.
First and foremost, when you call us to evaluate your home, you will know when our roofing specialist comes by. You won’t receive some impersonal piece of paper in the mail. Secondly, you are never told what you should do. Instead, you will be given a number of options. You will be able to choose the option that best fits your situation. Among your options will likely include several repairs! At Schneider Roofing and Remodeling, we love performing roofing repairs! It’s our specialty. Where some contractors may see a roof that needs to be replaced, Again, you get to decide your home’s future… not us!
You’ll Always Be Thrilled with Schneider Roofing and Remodeling’s Customer Service Experience!
It’s our goal at Schneider Roofing and Remodeling to make sure that you rest well at night knowing that you have a solid roof over your head. It’s also our goal to make sure you feel absolutely thrilled with the service experience you receive from us. That’s why we go through these extra steps. If you’re receiving this newsletter, it’s highly likely you’ve experienced our brand of customer service. If that’s the case, thank you! Please, be sure to refer us to your friends and family. If you’ve not seen us in action, and you would like to have your roof evaluated, we will be happy to perform our thorough roofing inspection right now!
Remember, most manufacturers recommend that your roof is looked at annually—to check for any little holes or issues that can develop due to extreme weather. Call us today at 314-378-6623 to discover the Schneider Roofing and Remodeling difference!
Make sure you are working with a licensed, legitimate contractor!
It’s a shame, but it happens all of the time. There are people passing themselves off as legitimate roofing contractors. They knock on people’s doors or leave flyers. Some unsuspecting homeowner calls these people. They come to the home, and they offer a deal that seems too good to be true on some roofing work. Well, it usually is too good to be true.
Plenty of people can hammer shingles. They can get familiar with the tools and maybe learn how to do a few things. But what happens in five or six months when that cheap work begins to have major trouble? Do you still have the individual’s phone number who did the work? Does that phone number still work? Unfortunately, in the trades, we don’t just hear about these horror stories; we see them too often. By hiring these fly-by-nighters, it may lead to a bad and expensive outcome for the homeowner.
There are ways you can protect yourself. First of all, before allowing anyone to work on your home, do some quick research. Visit the Better Business Bureau® website and see if you can find the company. See if they have an internet presence. Lastly, insist that the contractor supplies you with their licensing and references of past clients—and I recommend asking for addresses and phone numbers. Contact these people on your own. Get the real scoop!
You can avoid all of that trouble and stick with a company that you know has your best interest at heart, Schneider Roofing and Remodeling. You know that we are completely licensed and have an outstanding BBB record. In addition, we insist that all of our roofing technicians are drug tested, background checked, and highly trained. Furthermore, we offer some outstanding guarantees and warranties—and we don’t disappear if you have trouble and need us to come back. We’re here to stay. You can call us at 314-378-6623 any time you have a roofing need and know you are in good hands!
| Avoid nasty and expensive repairs!|
Winter means a lot of things! Chilly mornings. Inclement weather. Dressing in layers. And as your friendly roofer, I can tell you that it means roof damage! It’s like clockwork… Every winter we have unfortunate homeowners who need us in a hurry because a leak has unexpectedly sprung.
There’s nothing more aggravating than when a pricey problem pops up. To help you avoid the frustration, aggravation, and concern of an emergency repair, here are six steps to prepare your roof for the harsh winter!
1. Start off by checking the roof-framing structure to make sure it is not compromised. Visually scan the roof for any sagging or uneven areas. If you do see an area that looks uneven, this may mean damage to the roof deck below the shingles.
2. Inspect the gutter systems to make sure they are not clogged with branches, leaves, or other debris. This is important to ensure that rain water and snow have a way off of the roof. If the water or snow is left standing on the roof, there is an increased likelihood of leaking or ice damming.
3. Make sure that gutters are fastened properly and are tight and secure so that they don’t cause overflow or buildup—or fall off the fascia board. Leaking water can end up causing damage not just to your roof, but also to your interior walls.
4. Check the valleys of the roof to ensure that they are free and clear of debris that can add weight to the roof and also act as a barrier to rain and snow. Leaks frequently occur in the valleys so make sure they are well protected by a proper roofing system.
5. One of the most common causes for roofing leaks is due to problems with flashing. Flashing is the aluminum or metal material that is used in roof-to-wall transitions over joints to prevent water from seeping in and causing damage. Metal flashing should be used around roof vents, pipes, skylights, and chimneys. Remember that flashing can be loosened or torn by high winds and heavy rains, so inspect the areas annually.
6. Lastly, you should walk around to carefully inspect the shingles on the roof—look for curling edges, missing granules, and certainly for missing shingles or damage from birds, rodents, or squirrels.
You count on your roof to protect your family from the harsh sun and nasty weather. And it seems to be doing its job…. After all, you don’t notice any leaks! What you may not realize is your roof is prematurely aging. The roof you expected to last several years may be withering away… and you just haven’t noticed it yet. In fact, your roof’s lifespan could be cut in half!
In the fall and winter months, the temperatures outside begin to drop, and so does the temperature inside your attic. At some point, it will get cold enough that you’ll turn on your furnace. The warm air from your furnace will rise from your home into your attic. When it hits the cold attic air, it forms moisture. If your attic is properly vented, moisture isn’t a problem. The natural flow of air through your vents will quickly dry it. However, if your home is one of the 90% that aren’t ventilated properly, moisture can’t dry! Instead, it sits and festers in your attic.
The moisture can attract insects like termites. Eventually, the moisture will cause your roof to rot! Before you know it, you may need to replace your roof that’s only five or six years old!
But this premature aging process isn’t the only thing your roof might be suffering from… Moisture in an attic is an absolute breeding ground for mold. If you have an asthma or allergy sufferer in your household, they could experience severe agitation from this mold growth. In fact, maybe they’ve been enduring this for years — this could definitely be the case if you have an older roof not installed by Schneider Roofing and Remodeling, and you have NOT had your roof inspected in a long time.
Experts recommend homeowners have their roofs inspected at least once annually. It’s the best way to avoid any large problems from developing — by eliminating potential issues immediately.
|Quality customer service is the most important thing at Schneider Roofing and Remodeling. We take our commitment to our clients seriously. We are in the business of building relationships and not just replacing a roof. We work and live in St. Charles County and will be here for a long, long time. We know that if we don’t do our job right, we won’t have a job for very long. We are experts in roofing and siding and will give you honest feedback and fair pricing each and every time. Our customers agree! |
To learn more about our company, our philosophy and our customers’ experiences, check out our video page.
For additional information about our company or your specific situation, please call (314-378-6623) or email the experts at Schneider Roofing and Remodeling.
If you are looking for a company that has the best customer service backed by years of extensive knowledge and experience, along with superior worksmanship, then Schneider Roofing and Remodeling is the right company for you. Click here to view our video.
Fall is full of so many fun events and holidays, like Halloween and Thanksgiving. Yet, during fall there is an important, yet much less celebrated observance. The month of October is also known as Fire Prevention Month.
According to the Home Safety Council, more than 3,000 people die from fires each year. Eighty percent of those occur while in the home; the majority of those happen when people are sleeping. And according to the National Fire Protection agency, 62 percent of home-related fire deaths resulted because the home didn’t have smoke alarms, or the alarms were not functional. So, if your smoke alarms are more than 10 years old, you should consider replacing them. Below are some helpful tips that you should consider.
• Never plug multiple items into the same electrical outlet or circuit. If an electrical appliance smokes or smells unusual, unplug it immediately and have it serviced.
• Make sure light bulbs are the recommended wattage for all of your light fixtures.
• Keep baking soda or salt near your stove to extinguish grease fires. Don’t use water, which will spread the flame.
• Keep your stove’s exhaust fan and range hood free of grease. Keep the cooking area free of combustibles.
• Never leave cooking unattended. Turn pan handles inward so they don’t hang over the edge of the stove.
• Keep matches and lighters out of children’s reach. Teach children these are dangerous items to be used by adults only.
• Never use an extension cord on a permanent basis and avoid running them under rugs.
• Never install a double-cylinder deadbolt lock on your exit doors. They require a key to unlock from the inside. When you need to exit in a hurry, this lock can be deadly.
• Don’t place hay, straw, or other combustible materials beneath your home.
• Don’t smoke in bed or when you’re drowsy. Fires created by cigarettes cause more deaths than any other kind of fire. Run butts and ashes under water before disposing. Or better yet, don’t allow smoking in your home.
• Never leave home with the clothes dryer running. Clean dryer vents frequently. Clean lint screens after each load to keep the airway clear.
• Never block doors or windows with furniture or other objects.
• Store flammable liquids like gasoline, kerosene, paint thinner, etc., in approved containers outside your home, but not under your home.
• Make regular safety checks of your home’s major systems or hire a professional to inspect them. Check for cleanliness, proper functioning and loose connections for your heating and cooling system, fuel lines, water heater, electrical, appliances and plumbing.
Not only do we value you as a client, we value you as friends. The last thing we’d ever want to hear is your home is damaged by a fire… or worse. Go through this checklist and double check that your family is completely safe and secure.